Is WordPress the right solution for your business? WordPress vs Custom Websites: Which is Better for your business? Get to know custom websites.
A custom website is designed specifically for a business (or professional) without using a pre-made template. This type of website allows for complete customization, giving the business control over every part of the site. A WordPress theme is a pre-made design that has been used hundreds (if not thousands) of times to build many other websites. Themes can be customized to some extent but are far from as flexible and adaptable as a custom website.
Table of Contents
– WordPress sites are template-based, so they are much quicker to build. Custom-built websites are coded from scratch, which makes them more unique and flexible than WordPress websites.
– WordPress themes can allow anyone to build a basic website, but they also force the aesthetics of the template their way. Custom-built websites are better suited to the look and feel of your brand; they are built around your company.
– Custom-built websites have much better security and performance than WordPress websites.
– Custom-built websites are usually much faster and more responsive.
– WordPress websites are faster to build, and using a pre-built template greatly speeds up the process. Custom websites take at least a month to build.
WordPress vs Custom Websites
Is using a WordPress theme the right decision for your website? Here are some pros and cons of using a WordPress theme
WordPress is a great platform that allows people with no design or coding knowledge to create a website in a few easy steps. It has thousands of free themes that you can use for personal activities or blogging. You can install many plugins to enhance your website’s functionality and aesthetics, but is it the right choice?
WordPress has some big disadvantages.
1. It is a very cumbersome platform to manage. Your server must run a heavy machine when a customer visits your website. It gets worse when you start adding a plugin to your theme.
2. WordPress websites get hacked… a lot! a lot! WordPress is such a popular platform that, unfortunately, it also attracts the attention of hackers.
Custom websites are faster, more secure and completely tailored to your company’s needs. Expert website builders can create digital experiences that reflect your company’s personality. Working with a team of designers and developers allows businesses to make their website look exactly how they want it to, without the headaches.
Developing a custom website will take more time and resources than a WordPress theme. It is worth taking the time to develop a bespoke website for you. Many custom websites also create a full-featured administration area that allows you and your office to manage all website content. The system is designed to fit your workflow while maintaining a tight code that loads faster.
WordPress is a great platform that has made custom websites accessible to everyone, even without coding skills. Although it is a popular platform, there are probably better platforms for your business.
If you would like to know more about What is WordPress? The difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
Here is the 6 tips for protecting your WordPress website